Bullets and Lists

mr_mojo_risin

Apologies if this has been asked before:

In AutoCAD 2008, is there any way you can edit the numbering or list appearance?

I have tried editing the numbering, but all I get is 1. I'm trying to obtain 1).

Thanks

:cry:

I don't think the regular mtext editor will do that. I think you can load/use a different text editor in ACAD. Try searching the forum for text editor. I have never used a different one, but I read somewhere that it can be done. Good luck.

I'm running 2009 - got this straight from the help file.

You can elect to use an alternate editor by specifying the editor with the MTEXTED system variable. You can use any text editor, such as Microsoft Notepad, that saves files in ASCII format.

If you use an alternate text editor for multiline text, you specify the properties of the multiline text object at the command prompt first. Then the text editor opens for entering text. When you close the text editor, the text is inserted within the width limit you specified.

If you use an alternate editor, you must enter special codes to apply formatting.

To edit text using an alternate text editor, use the same format codes. To avoid losing format information when you make changes to the text, use the same text editor you used to create the text.

I'm running 2009 - got this straight from the help file.

You can elect to use an alternate editor by specifying the editor with the MTEXTED system variable. You can use any text editor, such as Microsoft Notepad, that saves files in ASCII format.

If you use an alternate text editor for multiline text, you specify the properties of the multiline text object at the command prompt first. Then the text editor opens for entering text. When you close the text editor, the text is inserted within the width limit you specified.

If you use an alternate editor, you must enter special codes to apply formatting.

To edit text using an alternate text editor, use the same format codes. To avoid losing format information when you make changes to the text, use the same text editor you used to create the text.

Alternatively.. you can use DO and draw a donut then place it beside your text accordingly :P always does the trick for me 8)

Z

I think he is wanting a parenthesis after the number. You can type it in text, but the editor doesn't have that on the bullet selection list.

You can definately do it in mtext particuarly with numbers as we do with general notes nice thing is when delete a note it adjusts the numbering.

Just higlight all text select numbering on "Text formatting" menu and it will be numbered.