Export from -.idw to -.dwf failed.

AutoCAD14User

I am using Inventor 5 (feel free to pity me), and trying to export a 7-page idw file to a dwf file. Withing the idw I go to: save as>dwf file, but when the file is exported the dwf only contains the page that was displayed when I executed the command i.e.: if I have page one open when trying to export, the dwf only contains page one of the idw...(options tab on the "save as" window is grayed out b.t.w.).

I know Inventor 5 is a dinosaur, but can anyone help? Inventor is amazing, but this old version is currently the bane of my existence.

Thanks.

sorry to inform you but the sheet options is on the options tab once you click Save As.

Is it still grayed out after you select your file type from the drop down box?

dwf.jpg

sorry to inform you but the sheet options is on the options tab once you click Save As.

Is it still grayed out after you select your file type from the drop down box?

-Yes. In fact, the "options" tab isn't greyed out until I select the .dwf extension from the drop down box.

I also don't have a "publish" option that I can find; as in your screenshot (although, that might just be because of my old version of Inventor?). Some screenshots might help clarify/give more insight...

any ideas? Thanks

-Dewey

ss1.JPG

ss2.JPG

ss3.JPG

im not really sure. The screen shot i put up was from inventor 11 which is the oldest I have access to.

If you go up to your Tools menu>add-ins do you have a dwf translator loaded?

can you post a screen shot of your model design tree like i posted below?

dwf2.JPG

No dwf translator loaded in the add-ins section.

Here's the screenshot you asked for.

-Dewey

ss4.JPG

How do I do that if it isn't in the list of add-ins?

I downloaded and installed DWFWriter4 from the Autodesk website, but it has no affect on my options within inventor (that I can tell at least).

Attached is a screenshot (two combined) to show the options on the add-ins box.

ss5.JPG

if its not in that list then it would have been on the install CD(if it was included with that version of inventor). I really dont know too much about it, just grasping at straws:(