2 pieces of text, same style, look different

For some reason the yellow text appears slightly bolder than the red text.

These need to be separate pieces of text. If I match properties from one to the next, the problem is still there. They both use the same text style are identical as far as I can see.

I've tried resetting the Z coordinate in properties already.

Any ideas?

Text Issue.jpg

Text Issue2.jpg

Text Issue3.jpg

Looks like it may have some form of elevation (z value) assigned to it.

To remove it, select your text, type CHANGE, then P, then E, then 0.

Tried that already without success. I'm wondering if it's been drawn on a plane that isn't parrallel to the XY plane, though I'd expect that to make the text narrower, not bolder.

It's not driven by plot style as it's Arial font, it prints the same whether it's yellow or red.

Really? I had no idea you could by-pass the plot style depending on which type of text you used. I thought that plot styles were driven by differing colours only.

Yeah some are shape files and are controlled like any other line and have a file extension .shx.

then you get TrueType (TT) fonts that are normal fonts and plotsyle is irrelevant.

is there a reason for using two different mtext boxes? why not just use one (the one plotting right) and change the color of the text thats supposed to be red?

The yellow text is common to 16 sheets and is in model space, shows on each title block via a viewport, the red text is in paper space in just one sheet and is red just so I can quickly see it's different.

(The problem occurs though whether I'm in model or paper space)