E Arch

RyanAtNelco

Why do we print to E Arch (36" x 48")????????!?!?!?!?!? Who has a desk that big? They are completely unmanagable. BLAH:x

had to get that out.

Well, down in TEXAS surely?

i.e. playing on the US Texas stereotype:D:D:roll::roll:

and anyway what are these " things ?

" = inches so he's talking about 36 inch by 48 inch paper

Chelsea

Now I don't know who is kidding who; I was trying to joke about US still using imperial measurement when much of the rest of the world has gone metric. Perhaps the 'joke' has backfired. :oops::oops::oops:

I am old enough to have learned at school inches, feet, yards, rods, poles, perches, chains, ounces, hundredweights etc. and the 12, 16 and 20 times tables etc to cope with them. Since 1968 in the construction industry we now just move decimal points around.

Ok, the joke has backfired - or - did you know what I meant all along...?:unsure::unsure::D

I am old enough to have learned at school inches, feet, yards, rods, poles, perches, chains, ounces, hundredweights etc. and the 12, 16 and 20 times tables etc to cope with them. Since 1968 in the construction industry we now just move decimal points around.

at least you don't admit to being old enough to know cubits. ReMark keeps telling us he is!

at least you don't admit to being old enough to know cubits. ReMark keeps telling us he is!

db,

You are correct.

I thought imperial paper sizes had nice names like 'Double Elephant' ...

paper old sizes reduced.jpg

Paper sizes from a book of about 1910. Note 'Emperor': 72 x 48 inches.

What about the 'addition' tables:lol::lol:

(no, I was not around then:D)

that's why I ducked. Actually the whole thread probably belongs in chat.

Thanks for that Addition table - I have it pinned to my wall here and need never fear sums again.

just sussed: a table shows Presidents of U S - the most recent being 1933, Franklin Roosevelt, so book is after then.

Perhaps I should get on with some WORK.

42"x30" in my office, and I'm in the heart of Texas. haha :P

we use this often for the big houses, much easier to get all of our info on a home plan on that size paper in 1/4"=1'-0" than 1/8"