measure command in VB to collect XY at specific interval

priyanka_mehta

Hi all,

I need an autocad 'measure' like command in VBA.

Actually, what i need to do is; select a line, give some spacing value and collect X,Y at that interval.

So, I was thinking if i have a code for 'measure' command in VBA, may be i can use it for collecting X,Y of the points that are created at given interval.

Please suggest if there is any other way of doing it, or if i can get measure like command in VB.

Thanks and Regards,

Priyanka

Its simple for a line just pick line then get start and end points and knowing distance required you can calculate x,y just repeat till you are longer than line length.

Just get the line angle.

In lisp (setq newpt (polar startpt angle dist)) (car newpt) is x (cadr newpt) is y

someone will give you the same code in VBA

Hi,

I am really sorry, its not a line, it could be a polyline, or a spline or a polyline full of arcs; such that its not uniform, that was the reason i was thinking of getting the code for 'measure' command in VBA, since it plots points at uniform distance even on a spline.

Thanks a lot,

Priyanka