toolbars

NoobSurveyor

i accidently x'd out the big task pane with all the drawing toolbars in AutoCAD 2008 today and could not figure out how to get it back. :oops:

how do i get that thing back??

also, i would like to be able to set up my toolbars to my liking and then access them from another computer if need be.

is there any way for me to create a toolbar template?

thanks!

Do you mean the tool palette? If so, you can enter TOOLPALETTES in command line of AutoCAD.

If all your tools and tool palettes are missing, you can enter TOOLBAR in command line, and choose one, i.e. AutoCAD classic default in Workspace and right click to set current, after that click OK to apply.

If you need your customized tool bar to be used on another machine, you have to export your customization and import. To save your current customization toolbar in a file, you need to enter OPTIONS in command line, switch to PROFILE tab, and click EXPORT, give the output a name and save it as ARG file. Next time when you need this on another machine, just copy this ARG file and import it into your profile, set it current and use it.

If you are saying loading your customized tool palettes, enter CUSTOMIZE in command line, find your customized palette and right click to export it into a CTP file. Import it in same way when necessary on other machines next time.

Hope this helps.

Sean

AutoDWG

Also, depending what version of ACAD you're using, run some searches in the forums for any information on the CUI command, you should pick up information on making custom toolbars, which can be saved on a network and picked up to use on other machines.