Block Editor

_E_

Hi,

Is there a way to change the auxilliry scale in block editor?

I am copying some blocks from a 1:100 drawing to a 1:200 drawing but do not want to scale the blocks in the normal way, as any new block brought into the drawing will take this new scale aswell.

When you INSERT a block you have the option of scaling in the dialogue box. Is that what you mean?

i don't think so, they're being copied from one to another. You need a command like the MOCORO (Move, copy, rotate) but with scaling instead. I think a LISP routine could invoke this for you, but that is well out of my depth. Not sure how else this will be achiveable for you other than going about it the conventional way of copying them with base point then scaling up from there. :?

The only other thing I can suggest, which is only really worthwhile if you're going to be doing this with the same blocks quite frequently, is to make them dynamic and give them a scale parameter. If this is a one off then probably best follow Zorgs suggestion of simply scaling the blocks in place, or by saving them and inserting at 1:2?

are these paperspace blocks or modelspace? If modelspace they should be at 1:1 and then the problem disappears.

I did wonder that- I'm guessing they're P&ID symbols or something along those lines.