the layer trouble

cowcowkiller

i create few layer then use it but suddenly all the layer cant be use correctly i select layer then draw but it auto change to layer 0 i restart the autocad also same problem

When you create the layer do you hit apply? If you don't hit apply then AutoCAD won't save that Layer

You create one or more layers but can't draw on them? Is that the question?

You do know that the layer you want to draw on has to be set to current right?

Sorry, but the images above really don't tell me much. Difficult to see.

You create one or more layers but can't draw on them? Is that the question?

You do know that the layer you want to draw on has to be set to current right?

Sorry, but the images above really don't tell me much. Difficult to see.

As Mark mentioned, I think this feature has been going for a couple of decades now in Acad. Unless you write something to the layer, and SAVE it, then next time you open up the drawing that layer and work will be gone. This is an automatic way of cleaning house, and keeping the layer numbers small and the overall file size small.

You need to pay attention, and make sure that the layer you THINK is being written to is actually receiving the information like lines or text. It may take another few seconds to look up and all over, but will save you and others some time in the end.

Wm.

Any number of layers can be created and as long as you save the drawing before quiting the next time the drawing is opened the layers will still be there. It is not necessary to create something on each layer in order for it to be saved. If it were then templates could not be created with predetermined layers.