.iam and .ipt convert to .dwg

TheBaitUSA

Hi,

I have a problem that I wanted to see if someone can help. I had a friend design a CAD drawing in Autodesk Inventor 2009....he sent me the files as .iam and .ipt file formats. Now I have a manufacturer that says they need them in the .dwg file format. My friend did this design while he was going to school (now graduated) and now does not have the Inventor 2009 software...which is required to open them and convert them.

Does anyone know of anyway to convert these files without Inventor 2009? If not, would someone be interested in converting it for me?

Thanks so much!

John

One thing to note is that if your drawings were produced with an educational version they will always have that attached to the file(and it is against the EULA to use it in production or profit etc). That's a decision you have to make but even if its converted to a dwg i believe it will keep the educational version stamp on the file.