Losing Resolution when plotting to PDF

theimreman

I have just recently begun learning autoCAD and used information on these forums extensively, so thank you all :)

The issue I have encountered is this: I have made designs for photo lithography masks in autoCAD. They will be printed by Pageworks at a minimum resolution of about 5-25 microns (5080 dpi). Pageworks require a pdf or eps file to print from.

I know nothing about eps files, and thus far all attempts to plot to pdf have resulted in a gross loss of resolution (lines bleed together, small objects turn to blobs, etc...), despite optimization of any and all resolution settings I can find.

One program, "DWG to PDF Converter MX" has done the job, but the trial version of their product leaves a watermark. All I need is this one page plotted to the proper resolution, and I am at a loss.

Does anyone have advice on this? I am able to plot just fine and have done so through numerous methods, but have yet to obtain the required resolution.

In any case, thank you for your time, and happy plotting.

Just wanted to update, I fixed the problem. After turning off merged lines, I noticed that the desired pattern was plotted, with grey blobs covering any place where lines overlapped or hatch was used.

After turning off object line weight, the blobs disappeared, and I was able to create the pdf.

EPS is encapsualted post script I would think it would be a better quality output for graphic printing just look for postcript driver. EPS last time I looked was the defacto standard for publishing particuarly masters.