Table (drawn not inserted) to excel

sakinen

I came across Cadig tablebuilder tool. I installed it and it works real fine. It transfers drawn table (text+lines) to excel spreadsheet. Of course there is a little problem. Trial version tumbles up the symbols so the excel sheet is unusable, and the full version costs 99$! Do you know some similar tool that is cheaper and maybe free.

why not use the AutoCAD table function? From 2008, possibly 2006 it gives 2 way data exchange and is already included so is FREE.

I usually do use this, but others don't. I'm HVAC engineer and i get building layouts from architects. When i do my calculations i need room numbers, names and areas. I usually get them from a table which is next to the layout. As you might guess these tables are not cad tables. It's lines and text.

I can't see your problem. If others aren't using excel you still have to enter the text. Why not enter the text in a table rather than the drawing.

Sorry, can't help you.

You misunderstood me. Others aren't using insert table tool that later i can easily export to excel and manipulate it. I don't get anything in excel, just in dwg. They just draw lines and put text in between (old school). I have to manually fill in room data in my excel table. There are often 50 rooms on one floor. It's tedious job for me. Cadig tablebuilder does fantastic job but...