How do I get Vista Home premium to recognize and run AutoCAD Architectural Desktop 2i

mespinoza

I crash even when running as administrator in windows xp compatability mode? (which I did not have to do before) Happened all of a sudden. Previously I only had problems with the "i" portion running scripts. Now 6 mo's later acad just crashes. At one time running in compatabilty mode I did something that mentioned a registry error but have been unable to recreate. I did install sp-1 to try to resolve. No Luck :( I will install service pack 2 to see if it helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have monies for a upgraded cad program. I can't be alone on this one right?

Thanks in advance

Ree

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: acad.exe

Application Version: 21.0.5.90

Application Timestamp: 39449a88

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00047dd2

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: b469

Additional Information 2: 2fa70d9f8ad9af3f79d9c507634d6c24

Additional Information 3: 399f

Additional Information 4: aa2becd9c111b14cf14ced366ccc7f86

When did the problem first occur?

Do you have a Restore point on your system that pre-dates when the problem first occured that you could return to?

I don't think installing a service pack will make any difference.

So you did have 2000i running on Vista Home Premium in Windows XP compatability mode at one time with no problems. Something had to change.

This Registry error that you mention...what did you do to address it? Did you try running a Registry cleaning program?

The fault modle ntdll.dll. Do you think it might be corrupted?

You may not be alone running 2000i on Vista but I would surmise that you are in a very small minority. I think I've only seen one other person post here using a similar set up. He too was having problems running 2000i under Vista.

Have you tried, or would you be willing to try, uninstalling AutoCAD 2000i and reinstalling it? Is there a Repair option available for 2000i on the installation CD?

I tried a search of the AutoDesk website for the term APPCRASH but no results were forthcoming. If I Google "autocad"+"appcrash" I receive a number of hits but the cause of the error seems indeterminant. In a couple of instances the same module is mentioned (ntdll.dll) but no specific cause or remedy is suggested.

When did the problem first occur?

after auto updates

Do you have a Restore point on your system that pre-dates when the problem first occured that you could return to?

no tried that as far back as I could

I don't think installing a service pack will make any difference.

So you did have 2000i running on Vista Home Premium in Windows XP compatability mode at one time with no problems. Something had to change.

I did not do anything with compatability mode just installed program and ran it

I am thinking vista automatic updates or autodesk drawing review I installed afterwards

This Registry error that you mention...what did you do to address it? Did you try running a Registry cleaning program? I am completely clueless when it comes to Registry

can you suggest how I may start?

The fault modle ntdll.dll. Do you think it might be corrupted? How could I repair relace?

You may not be alone running 2000i on Vista but I would surmise that you are in a very small minority. I think I've only seen one other person post here using a similar set up. He too was having problems running 2000i under Vista. I looked under vista compatability page and it is listed as needed upgrade with link to autodesk in the future I am going to stash monies to side to do so but for now?

thanks for help thus far :)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled same problem

repair also

I am thinking registry????? next

You auto updated Windows Vista and that's when the problem started?

You also installed something called AutoDesk Drawing Review? Can't say I've heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

I'm not saying the module ntdll.dll is corrupted only asked if you had some indication that it might be. Not sure if this can be downloaded from Microsoft website.

If you were to use a Registry cleaner I would suggest that you first create a Restore point. No sense in making a bad thing worse. Be careful.

By the way, what method did you use to uninstall AutoCAD?