Line-Length Calculator

Lee Mac

As this is a complete upgrade to the program in the recent thread of the same topic, I thought I'd include it in a new thread so that it can be found easier with searches etc.

Let me know if you find any bugs etc - or any suggestions you may have.

I tried to keep it as general as possible so that the majority of users could get something out of it. But if you want it customised to meet your particular needs, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Type: LenCal to invoke ~ if the Dialog doesn't load first time, just re-invoke the command.

All code can be found here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• stevesfr

• RyanAtNelco

• Hsanon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now you've given us a couple great line length calculators !! All in one day !!

Nice work mate. Steve

Cheers mate :D

I spent a bit of time on the colours on this one - just to make it look nicer :P

I'm thinking of adding more filters when I get the chance, like Object colour for instance.

If you can think of any more filter ideas, just shout. :)

Steve, I have updated the code in the first post to a new version, give it a shot and see if that does the trick - after all, we need this thing to be accurate :P

Steve, I have updated the code in the first post to a new version, give it a shot and see if that does the trick - after all, we need this thing to be accurate :P

Quick check and it seems to be OK; totals for various linetypes and layers are accurate now.

I will hammer it more tomorrow.

S

Quick check and it seems to be OK; totals for various linetypes and layers are accurate now.

I will hammer it more tomorrow.

S

I also added a wcmatch string edit box, so that the user can manually filter results within each section - useful for when you have hundreds of layers.

i.e. to list all layers beginning with "t" type t*

To find all layers with numerical names, type #

Just read up on the wcmatch function to know all the different search characters. :)

etc etc

Lee,

This is amazing! You could add a way to select tablestyle just to save one step after. I really can't think of anything else to add.

Lee,

This is amazing! You could add a way to select tablestyle just to save one step after. I really can't think of anything else to add.

Thanks, I wanted to keep the dialog pretty small - and the tablestyle has many many options - so not sure how to proceed on this one, as everyone's going to want a different table style - Unless I make it boring an leave it to the default :P

could there be a drop down menu in the dialog that has a list of tablestyles in the drawing to choose from?

could there be a drop down menu in the dialog that has a list of tablestyles in the drawing to choose from?

Yes, I think I could incorporate that :)

i can find no issues right off the bat:D

Thats always good o:)

I have included an extra filter: colour.

If you have any ideas for other filters you might want, let me know - the hardest part with making any of these programs is having the ideas... :wink:

i have to dissagree with you there - this code still looks like an alien language to me but i can come up with ideas all day :)

hopefully one day ill have time to sit down and learn lisp instead of getting it in pieces!

Thats always good o:)

I have included an extra filter: colour.

If you have any ideas for other filters you might want, let me know - the hardest part with making any of these programs is having the ideas... :wink:

Man, you sure are giving me fits revising these colors !!:x

Steve

Sorry, I don't understand - is it not performing as expected? :huh:

v3 had some neat colors in the table, and I see you waxed those lines. If dimtxt changes the size of the table, what setting changes the textsize in the table. I need to change something else besides dimtxt. What other settings of the drawing is the program looking for?