stops responding when sending a plot

daddu04287

I'm using Acad2000 - Land Desktop Development and it formerly worked just fine. Now, when I send a plot to my plotter Autocad stops responding and my computer locks up, including task manager. sometimes when I turn it back on the plot will partially plot, and sometimes will plot the whole drawing and sometimes nothing.

When did the problem first occur?

Did you make any changes to your hardware or software?

What is the make/model of your plotter?

Do you have enough free space on your hard drive for AutoCAD to spool the drawing?

Are you plotting over a network?

You might try cleaning out your temporary Internet files folder too.

• 2 weeks later...

plotter is HP design Jet 600 and I'm not plotting over a network. The only changes that I've made is to add a wireless router for my son's laptop and I've had sucsessful plots after that. I thought I had solved the problem when I removed a non-exsiting fax machine from the control panel and got a few sucsessful plots afterwards.

There is no problem when I send a plot to my design jet 3520 (letter size printer) but when I send a plot to my D size plotter (design jet 600) autocad stops responding almost immediately and it locks up my computer, task manager, everything! Today I was somehow able to just shut down when this happened without using the power switch on the computer and when I turned it back on it started plotting on it's own and I got two partial plots, each with different lines and text missing and the third plot had everything plotted.

I would try reinstalling / updating the DJ600 driver, or even try using the 3520 driver with the 600.

Sounds daft but I did something similar at work this week when our all singing / all dancing Toshiba would only plot half of a drawing containing a raster image.

I changed the driver so that the Toshiba was using a HP PCL6 driver and no problems since.

• 3 weeks later...

I removed and reinstalled the plotter and driver and can now plot again. THANKS!

AutoCAD now stops responding when it trys to open notepad for applications in Land Development Desktop 2002, such as editing a field book or figure adjustment.

Why when AutoCAD stops responding does my computer lock up too? I can't even use task manager to end the program or shut down windows, I have to shut down the computer by cutting the power.

I suppose you could try a Repair if you think the problem is strictly related to LDD and nothing else. Maybe a module got screwed up.