Angle dimension

Laurel

Hello.

I'm learning to use Inventor, and have what I'm sure is a simple problem.

I'm creating a 2D sketch. Up until now, all the dimensions I've needed have been linear, but my next sketch calls for me to set two lines at a specified angle, and I'm not sure how.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

If you already built the lines perpendicularly, then you may have to delete a constraint. (Hit F8 and select a horizontal, vertical, perp, or parallel constraint that may be affecting you putting an angle on the shape). Once the constraint is released you may also have to pull on some of the unconstrained geometry to get it off a 90 degree as Inventor will not put an angle to a 90 deg corner.

Thank you both very much for your help.

Whilst the line i drew wasn't constrained at all (thanks for the suggestion Mark), I was forgetting to project the geometry of the plane against which the angle was to be measured.

Having selected 'General Dimension', followed by the line, and then the plane geometry, I was able to add the angle dimension.

JD - The tutorial you included looks extremely interesting. I'll be giving that a close look, thanks very much. I've been intending to look at the AutoCAD and Inventor tutorials on your website (eg http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/CAD238/AutoCAD_2007_Tutorials.htm) for sometime now. What arrangements do I need to make in order to request the tutorial files mentioned there?

What arrangements do I need to make in order to request the tutorial files mentioned there?

Most of the files are linked directly. For those that are not simply click the link to request the files by email.

JD