Removing Text from Commands At the Cursor

gsksun4

I think you might be referring to Dynamic Input. There should be a button at the bottom of your screen that toggles it on/off.

I think you might be referring to Dynamic Input. There should be a button at the bottom of your screen that toggles it on/off.

That worked out great, thank you. I'm still fumbling through this new release. I'm now trying to figure out how to edit the size of an existing text string. I can't seem to locate a properties button that has a window that allows you to type in a new height for text like in the older versions. I tried customizing the toolbars, but the properties tool doesn't alow this.

If you're talking about the Properties Palette, Ctrl+1 will open/close it. I can still be docked and moved as in previous releases, at least until the ribbon kills that too :wink:

I skipped 2006 but I have used 2004. If you're using multiline text try double clicking on it to bring up the text formatting window. Highlight the text that you want to change the height of then go to the Text Height window and change the setting. Click OK. Does that work?

To bring up the Properties box select the text then right-click. Properties should be at the bottom of the list. Does that do it for you?

I do sugest that you open the properties as Max stated then dock the pallet.

You can also select the text>right click>menu toward the bottom is properties, left click on properties, dialog box should open.

Are we talking single line text or multiline text?

Single line text so far. I just figured it out with the properties tool at the top of the screen. My problem is it doesn't show what the tools are when I pass the cursor over them. Only the tools at the bottom do that. Snap mode, ortho, etc. Is there a way to turn that function on?

By the way, I really appreciate the help.

Wow, I just read all the replies. Thanks to all. Give me a chance to play with it and see. I now know of the properties dialog box. You folks are great. I'm old school cad and this is a lot to digest.

Check on the TOOLTIPS system variable (see AutoCAD Help). I think that's one of the things you're looking for.

Boy you're good. That did the trick.

Two other things:

1. I drew a rectangle and did the hatch command. Simply put, I picked the pattern and clicked in the rectangle. When I do this I get above the command line "Analyzing The Selected Data". This seems to take about 30 seconds before I can finish the command. I played with the settings, but it didn't change that.

2. I have a drawing from a customer with existing single line text, and when I double click on the text, I get a "Text Formatting" window, which is fine. When I type in new text of my own and double click on the text string it just highlights it with no "Text Formatting" window. JUst curious about this one, I can still edit it either way.

2. I have a drawing from a customer with existing single line text, and when I double click on the text, I get a "Text Formatting" window, which is fine. When I type in new text of my own and double click on the text string it just highlights it with no "Text Formatting" window. JUst curious about this one, I can still edit it either way.

how are you entering the text? are you using mtext or dtext? mtext will bring up the formating window and dtext will not, mtext also as the ability to do multi line text while dtext does not. If you know for sure that you will never need that text to be multi line dtext will be fine but if you think that one day it might need to be more then one line mtext is the way to go. and at least IMO its best to stick with one type of text throught, makes it easier for overal editing in the end

how are you entering the text? are you using mtext or dtext? mtext will bring up the formating window and dtext will not, mtext also as the ability to do multi line text while dtext does not. If you know for sure that you will never need that text to be multi line dtext will be fine but if you think that one day it might need to be more then one line mtext is the way to go. and at least IMO its best to stick with one type of text throught, makes it easier for overal editing in the end

That's it, mtext does the trick.

Thank you.