INTERNAL ERROR: VL Namespace Mismatch

Sam Pawar

Hi ya,

Have any of you encountered this error before? It comes almost everytime I try to open a drawing. Others can open the same drawings without having this error.

command.commandline "\n*** INTERNAL ERROR: VL namespace mismatch\n"" type Y to reset:

What can I do to remove this? I use AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 Version 4 (sp3)

Cheers, Sam

There seems to be a paucity of information regarding this error.

When did the problem first occur?

If others can open the same drawing(s) then it would stand to reason the drawing itself is not the problem. So what is? Maybe a bad install of Civil 3D?

It appears that you have kept current with service pack updates which is good.

Have you considered trying the Repair option?

Are you on subscription?

The problem occured on this installtion today after reformatting and installing the whole computer from scratch on monday, due to the same error and my other problem listed in this tread: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37161 which I have now solved.

The only thing which I have modified today is the cui by adding some lisp routines to be loaded everytime I start AutoCAD. I have now tried to removed all of them and the error is still there. It used to work flawless with AutoCAD MAP 2008 with the same lisps, so did dwgman also. Are there any major changes in 2009 compared to 2008 which would affect this?

Edit: Which repair option? And what subscription? Sorry for being a bit of noob...

Edit2: I WAS WRONG, I still got the problem... any ideas anyone? :(

• 2 years later...

I am facing the same problem. When I start autocad 2004, the software can not load acad.dwt, in command line appears "loading c:/..../acad.dwt", but actually the computer is idle, cpu ocupation rate is upto 50%, I have to press"Esc" buttom to cancle any reaction from software, then autocad is started. I can use autocad without any problem. But if I open an existing dwg file, it appears "INTERNAL ERROR: VL namespace mismatch\n"" type Y to reset:" Hope some autocad master could help?

Tkanks to your reply first. I did nothing about autocad, I just wonder it is affected by some virus, such as acad.lsp, but I have deleted all of these supect files, it does not work.

The problem occured on this installtion today after reformatting and installing the whole computer from scratch on monday, due to the same error and my other problem listed in this tread: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37161 which I have now solved.

The only thing which I have modified today is the cui by adding some lisp routines to be loaded everytime I start AutoCAD. I have now tried to removed all of them and the error is still there. It used to work flawless with AutoCAD MAP 2008 with the same lisps, so did dwgman also. Are there any major changes in 2009 compared to 2008 which would affect this?

This is a Visual LISP problem, perhaps this might help to better explain:

Namespaces are areas of memory with AutoCAD that are seperate from the main block of memory, that are created by custon functions. It sounds as though a function that is running within it's own namespace is trying to access a variable from outside this namesapce.

Try checking if you have any custom compiled list files (*.fas or *.vlx) loaded, these are the most likely culprits.

Source linky

Dear all, I have solved this problem by the moment. I searched and delleted all acad.lsp, acad.fas files in all dirctories, then reinstalled autocad, at last, it works well.