What do I do with a .HMR file???

AQucsaiJr

I am working with a client that is using Microstations, and they have given me a drawing that contains a .HMR image file. I dont know how to use it on an ACAD drawing because Raster does not recognize it. Anyone know what I can do with it? Or anyone know where I can get somthing to convert it? I have googled this issue and have come up dry... Maybe someone else has some better luck? :)

"A file with the HMR file extension is a GeoTIFF Bitmap file."

Can your client do a "save as" of this file to a type AutoCAD will accept?

Ya they can save as to a tiff for me, but I would like to be able to do it in house because there will come a time, I'm sure of it, that I will need to convert many HMR files and it would just be to tedious to tell them they have to do it.

I had no luck locating a HMR to TIF file converter (if there is such a thing). Have you tried the "old" trick of renaming the file? Example: test.hmr to text.tif.

No problem... After the small amount of searching I've done so far, I have found I am not the only person with this problem.

I will keep ya posted

I have not found a converter yet... But I have found a way to convert HMR files... I took some advice from you, ReMark. I took the .hmr file and simply renamed it to a .tif file, then I used the right click menu to convert the .tif file to a pdf... Using the pdf you can save as to an image file that can be managed by Raster and ACAD.

Really? You used something I said to solve the problem? You must have been very desparate! LOL

...hmr renamed to tif then converted to pdf and saved as an image file...

I won't ask how you stumbled upon that sequence but none-the-less I am glad to hear it worked for you and thanks ever so much for sharing that solution with us. That should be submitted to the Tip of the Day forum.

When I get bored... Problems get solved... Or something... lol... After reading it it sounds like a game cheat code... Up, Down, Left, Left, A, Right, Down...lol

• 5 years later...
I am working with a client that is using Microstations, and they have given me a drawing that contains a .HMR image file. I dont know how to use it on an ACAD drawing because Raster does not recognize it. Anyone know what I can do with it? Or anyone know where I can get somthing to convert it? I have googled this issue and have come up dry... Maybe someone else has some better luck? :)

I had to resort to ArcGIS to convert it to a .tiff file - don't know of a pure CAD solution outside of that. Anyone without Microstation is probably best off asking for the data in a non-proprietary format, as ReMark suggests.