screw templates

filjoa

I am guessing that english is not your first language.

That is fine.

Are you looking for 3d models of screws or just images showing screws?

Hi

my 1º language is Portuguese

I looking for 3d models of screws in .dwt for make more easy diferents screws.

and example: for start work more easy in 3d on AutoCAD I use template acadiso3D.dwt

Hi

I know make screws on Inventor but now I like try make this on autocad but is very dificult male one...

because that I ask if have some template or libery with screws.

but thanks for explanations ;)

There are a number of good tutorials about making 3D bolts/screws using plain AutoCAD. Just Goolge "autocad"+"3D"+"screw". Links to a few of these tutorials have been posted here in the past. Use the Search feature above and don't forget to check out similar posts as indicated below.

hi

this manual is great... thanks

but on pag 4, point 5, when I make "RMB select turn Height and enter a height of 1.5 for the pitch of the thread" this is type of screw?

on Portugal is comun have M2, M3, M4, M5,...

this 1.5 is the same?

what is measures of triangle?

regards

on Portugal is comun have M2, M3, M4, M5,...

Same here. The M2, M3... indicates the diameter of the thread.

this 1.5 is the same?

Is the pitch - the distance from one crest to the next. Standard thread specifications.

what is measures of triangle?

60°, 60°, 60° x the pitch by the depth indicated in Machinery's Handbook reference. Request the file and you can measure everything yourself. You should have a reference book by your side.

I know make screws on Inventor...

If you have Inventor I would make an iPart and then simply change the specs as needed for each size. If you need as dwg then simply go to Applications>AEC Exchange and Save As DWG Solids. Far far easier in Inventor, pure torture in AutoCAD if you need more than one size.

Hi

thanks for this information about transfer an inventer file to autocad, I don't know this option...

kind regards

Hi

thanks for this information about transfer an inventer file to autocad, I don't know this option...

kind regards

After giving it a bit more thought - even easier, simply use the Content Center fasteners rather than creating an iPart. Create an iFeature of a thread and then as you need any particular fastener replace the CC cosmetic thread with the iFeature thread feature.