Edit DTEXT Problem

gsksun4

Had no problem with this until today. Now when I double click on a single line of text (DTEXT) it highlights the text and puts a grip at the lower left side of the string. I cannot edit the text string. The edit box doesn't show up over the text.

Any thoughts? It worked fine until now.

Found the solution. Pickfirst was set at 0. Reset it to 1 and now the edit works fine.

You may be clicking too many times. There used to be a typewritten command that worked, click once on any line of TEXT or DTEXT and an edit window came up, and you then changed theing. If you clicked twice (or missed) it then went to whatever previous alteration was.

Wm.

Thanks for the reply Wm. I'm using 2009LT and the single click on the text doesn't do anything except put a grip next to the text. When I set the PICKFIRST variable to 1, the edit works fine with a double click.

Years ago when I used Release 14, the hot keys were TE for text edit. That brought up an edit window.