Anyone use Promis.e Electrical Software

foster8

Hi

Does anyone use Promis.e software, and is it any good, how long does it take to learn to use properly. We produce panel schematics, GA's , cable schedule and cable term cards by the bucket load, would Promis.e be usefull..

Cheers

It's best to create a new thread when you have a question, rather than tacking your question on to the end of someone else's thread. So I have moved your question to its own thread.

I would suggest contacting Bentley and request a demo CD so you can try out the program and see for yourself if it will work for you. http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/promise/

OK Thanks...still a bit new to this thread mullarkey.....I have recieved the demo CD today from Bentley, just wondered if there were many users out there....

Ooo, I forgot Bentley use it!

I used it some time ago, and wouldn't have the first clue about how to use it these days

One thing I do remember hating about it, was that the bloke in the office who'd created all of the symbols had a random naming system for them, so nobody else could ever find one. This led to symbols being re-created, but named something different second time around

thanks to how the drawings go find the symbols to insert into the drawing fields upon opening a drawing, we couldn't delete any of the duplicates afterwards :x

I'd have a look at some of the alternatives too :thumbsup:

Thanks, do you use any software ????, I've heard of ACAD Electrical, ELCAD and RS Wire, but I've never used any and we might be in the market to buy a package, have you any experience of them..??

Cheers

I'm afraid my experience of any of them is probably rather limited

RS wire is what the engineers favoured for electrical design work when I was working in control systems, but I didn't use it as a CAD monkey, and I don't think it was used for the control system design (this was 10/12 years ago and the world has moved on :wink: )

E-plan was probably the best thing about then, but was too cumbersome for the work we were doing - multiple clients with existing ACAD drgs, requiring minor/major mods with ACAD specified as the drawing format. Utilising any of the bespoke elec packages would have required complete redraughting of the supplied drawings, which we just didn't have time or resources to do (even if the client was prepared to pay for such), and the existing drgs rarely tied up 100% with actuals on site, which was a further headache not really catered for well with these bespoke systems

Just get the reps in to do the full sales pitch, but remember to keep a close mind on what your company NEEDS to achieve with their software, so make sure you have a list of questions to ask them, and make sure you get comprehensive answers :thumbsup:

Thanks Strix

We would use a package for one project and that project would have to contain a large number of schematics, panel GA's etc. I don't think we would use it for smaller jobs that have say 2 schematics...and we wouldn't try and redraw clients drawings into the package. I have just completed a project that had 32 A0 schematic drawings, it would have been ideal for that, but it might be another year before we get another project that size. So it depends if we have a large projects to work on..

Cheers

• 7 years later...

Are you still using promis-e or have you moved on

Hi

Does anyone use Promis.e software, and is it any good, how long does it take to learn to use properly. We produce panel schematics, GA's , cable schedule and cable term cards by the bucket load, would Promis.e be usefull..

Cheers