setup

Zybyyy

Hi !!!

I got a DWG file from my friend and he asked me to make a new one with the same setups (lines, text etc.) But in my drawing when i draw a dashed line the spaces between them are different from his. I am using the same line type, same scale but still it does not want to come properly. What general page setup should i do before i start drawing ??? Maybe there is something wrong.

Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whato.JPG

what's the linetypescale on his and yours?

can you check the PROPERTIES for each?

are you positive you're using the same linetype, as (for instance) there are usually several DASHED linetypes available?

OK

when i open a new file it is autocadiso, then i am setting units to decimal, decimal degrees and unitless insertion scale. Line type is the same as well as it`s scale...

it.JPG

yes Lee Mac I am sure that this are the properties for that line. I do not know what else it could be :(. Also There is something else on my friend`s drawing in the model space I can see groups of objects (or only one) surrounded by rectangular box, like template, it gives the detail of the selected section with scale like - 1:20 on A3. How can I do that selection on my drawing and assign scale ??????????????

On the picture below the circles are objects and the rectangles are printable areas with precise scale.

wi.jpg

Just curious. Are one of you using a Metric format and the other an Imperial format?

This will probably be it :)

Type MEASUREINIT at the command line (and look it up in the Help File) to see which you are using. As it looks like your friend is using the other one.