How to delete text in a PDF document?

oliverb

Do you have access to Adobe Acrobat?

I thought I read of a way to highlight and copy text in a PDF document and bring it into Microsoft Word for editing but I can't seem to locate the source at this time.

Where did this text originate from?

You can use Photoshop to remove the text, or Print it out and paint over the text with whiteout and then scan it back in. I guess it depends on how much text you need to remove?

Since you are using autocad 2010, you can turn off certain layers in the original PDF file. You would need to insert the PDF in 2010 as a "PDF UNDERLAY", select the inserted image, right click, and select "PDF LAYERS". For instance, you might be able to turn off text if you needed to (if it isn't correct or something). You could then add in callouts and text OVER the pdf underlay in autocad.

That's one option.

To actually edit the original PDF text you would need adobe acrobat though. Adobe reader will do you no good in editing the original text of the document.

Another possibility would be to insert the PDF as a pdf underlay in autocad, right click, select "PDF CLIP", and you could probably clip off certain things you don't want shown.. Then, with autocad, you could add in the callouts and text you do want to show.

-ChriS

• 6 months later...

Adobe Acrobat can make it, however, it is too expensive and out of my budget. It cost hundreds of dollars.

Or you can convert the PDF to Word document with AnyBizSoft, so that you can add or delete anything as you wish in Word.

I'm using Microsoft Word 2007, so I can save as PDF again easily.

Save the *.pdf to a *.jpg and erase the text? Or, paint it the same as the background color?

I have Adobe Pro, and can edit text if the *.pdf file isn't a scan.

Same goes for *.pdf drawings, if created in AutoCAD, the *.pdf can be converted into a *.dxf file which you can edit in AutoCAD.

Not a great solution but, does work.

Adobe Pro also has a snapshot tool. Great for copy to clipboard and paste into cad, email, or any document. Image below is a "snapshot" from a *.pdf.

SnapShot.JPG

• 1 year later...

There is no more background info in original question that which kind of the PDF file is, text-based or images-based. Two situations below:

If the text of the PDF file can be searched or copied, then you can convert it to word 2007 in order to remove text. Then save as a new pdf file easily.

If the text isn’t independent existed, then you need to use OCR program and delete text from PDF after the text has been recognized. You can export the text to word to edit or use a PDF editor either.

Edited by nicolea