Need help loading a .jpeg image

LAD152

Hi- I normally go through OLE object to insert a pic in model space, but today it only displays the ".jpeg" and not the picture. Can someone help me load this into model space correctly? Thank you very much:?

I used to also, but I can't seem to find it! Do you know the command or which pull down tab to select, I've searched and searched for it. We have lt and maybe that is why it's not there. Thanks

In the Insert Menu, 5th item down "Raster Image Reference", or the command is IMAGEATTACH. This is for Acad 2008 anyways.

If you are using Auto CAD LT, thoes commands may not be avalible for your use. I am not 100% sure, but I think that somone else may be able to verify this.

A raster image in autocad is considered an XREF.

If the location of the JPEG has changed, you would need to click on "FOUND AT" under "DETAILS" in the XREF manager and browse to where the file is located.

If you are inserting an OLE object, that works a little differently. I don't even think you can insert a JPEG as an OLE object. I know you can BMP files.

The easiest thing to do would be to insert it as a raster image and manage the file location through the XREF manager.

You would just have to make sure that if you ever email the drawing to someone or whatever that you "etransmit" the jpeg file with the correct path along with the drawing. This creates a zip file with the drawing you created plus all the XREF's you have in the drawing.

-ChriS