Parenthesis wobble!

Rob-GB

In the process of altering some code, I, being a wally, added an extra ) into the middle of the pline command. :oops:

When I used the load application module from Tools it loaded okay and started to run without my entering the defun name, then asked for next pline point and the module got stuck on screen.

Eventually had to Ctrl>Alt>Delete and turn of the pc to get shot of the problem. A visit to notepad corrected the code without upsetting Acad again.

So beware of the parenthesii/parenthesesses' these little devils)))))))):lol::lol:

I agree with Se7en, although I don't personally use Vim (I'm still using the good old VLisp Editor in ACAD), they are great for coding, meaning fewer silly mistakes :P

One suggestion:

1. Use a better text editor. (Vim rocks!)

:lol::lol: I think it was more user error than editor. I should have used the microscope tool instead of rushing it through.

grrrrr. Hulk smash!

Take 'er easy there Commandobill; i'm messing with ya. You used quotes like its fictional or something (Imagine me saying: "Say it with authority my good man!").

lmao

grrrrr. Hulk smash!

Take 'er easy there Commandobill; i'm messing with ya. You used quotes like its fictional or something (Imagine me saying: "Say it with authority my good man!").

lmao

It's commandobill not Commandobill

lol

I'm not sure why i used quotes... hmm

It's commandobill not Commandobill

lol

Well then its not my fault that you couldnt handle the simple task of typing that in correctly in the ``screen name'' section of your profile. *lol*

...but seriously, I will always use your screen name as its displayed on your post because its one of my pet peeves when people dont use the screen name (without permission that is). -e.g. As soon as people find out ``BobNobody's'' real name they always start referring to them by their real name in posts. Annoying! If `BobNobody' wanted to be referred to as his real name, then he would've typed his real name in for his profile name.

But when its obvious what their name is from the Screen name, then imo I prefer to use it. (like in the case of my screen name). :wink: