Trying to change the Color of the sky

Bowl.Spliffson

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to change the Color of the sky in the "adjust Sun & Sky Backgroun" dialog box. But it seems to be locked on a greyish colour. I want to get a more blue sky affect. If anyone could help me out let me know. Thanks alot.

You can't change this when your "lightingunits " value is 1 or 2!

This means you already use Indirect illumination method for rendering!

If you want to change,you must set to "lightingunits " value to "0".

This means you already use Generic lights for rendering!:)

• 1 year later...

The color of the sky is not realistic, I can't believe you cannot chenga it if you use "rwalistic" lights (photometric). Does somebody know a solution?

The color of the sky is not realistic, I can't believe you cannot chenga it if you use "rwalistic" lights (photometric). Does somebody know a solution?

do you want a sky with clouds?

Clouds could be appreciated, but basically all I need is a blue sky instead of that "gray/green/pale blue/don't know what" sky.

If I don't use photometric sun (say I set lightingunits to 0) it's not realistic because I don't see global illumination (sun and sky seem to be on, but it's all dark where I have indirect light; I can't figure out how to actually activate the sky).

I selected my geographic position (Italy/Rome) and august at 1 o'clock, and I assure you that in that period here we have a marvellous blue sky...

Could you help me?

Clouds could be appreciated, but basically all I need is a blue sky instead of that "gray/green/pale blue/don't know what" sky.

If I don't use photometric sun (say I set lightingunits to 0) it's not realistic because I don't see global illumination (sun and sky seem to be on, but it's all dark where I have indirect light; I can't figure out how to actually activate the sky).

I selected my geographic position (Italy/Rome) and august at 1 o'clock, and I assure you that in that period here we have a marvellous blue sky...

Could you help me?

for exterior scene, if you want a sky with clouds the best you can do is to do it in photo editing software like photoshop / gimp / corel. if you have photoshop tell me so I can show you how to do it,

Thanks all folks!

I found those articles very interesting. And I'll try to use Photoshop for the sky: if it's the best solution, I think I can do it.

• 4 years later...

I have a doubt related to this topic.

Could someone please explain why in my model is locked the box "type", on "adjust sun and sky background" window, so I cannot preview the changes I would like to make.

The tips above did not help.

unydn9

It is already in PERSPECTIVE mode (1) but the box is not available.

I tried several commands but did not succeed.

Remark: the drawing is a model originally produced in ACAD 2012v. Could some settings be in conflict / blocked for ACAD 2015v ?

Thank you for your support.

On the Sun Properties panel look for the heading Sky Properties. It's possible Status is set to "Sky Off". Reset it.

Visualize tab > Sun & Location panel > Sun Properties click on the arrow to the right.

SkyProps.jpg