Missing icons in tool bar

BIGAL

To quote the acad help "Why do my icons on a toolbar display as a cloud with a question mark "

I have lost my Civil 3d icons whilst playing with new custom toolbars. The acad ones are there not lost!

Yes the Help says you have lost the path to the icons just add it back. Easy you say.

1 Sure but where are the Autocad icons actually hidden ?

2 Why did they get lost in the first place ? The cui does some odd things at times.

3 What is the right spot to add the path changing file support paths makes no difference. (includes reboots)

Other machines here are fine don't want the same problem with theirs when we add the new toolbars.

As an extra we run new workspaces to avoid this problem but the original Civil 3D workspace is corrupt maybe.

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2009\R17.2\enu\Support\Icons

• 8 months later...

I have copied this from my response from our support mob. It might help you. It got my missing icons up no prob, but I am using autocad 2010 not the same as you.

If you type CUI at the command line. When this loads at top left you should see a heading ACAD.

Right Click on this and select Restore if you have it or Reset.

Then Okay this dialogue.

Down in the bottom right will be a little cog symbol. Drop this down and select AutoCAD Classic.

This should reset it all.

• 1 year later...

I have found that there is a .dll file (with the same name as the cuix file) in the same folder as your original Civil3D .cuix file. if you want to move the .cuix file you need to take this .dll file with it and keep them both in the same folder to stop the Civil icons disappearing. (looks like the icons are in this .dll) This may be what is happening there.