Express Tools

kmonson

I am currently using AutoCAD Mechanical 2010. I am trying to use the Express Tools but they do not work. I have tried add/remove in control panel to do a reinstall and repair but still no option to install express tools.

Yes, that gives me the same type options for repairing and reinstalling. As of right now a the only option seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling to get a clean install. Apparently there was a box to check in a custom install in which I did not check. Was hoping there was an easier way.

See if this method will work.

1. Insert the AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 installation CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive.

2. Go to Windows Control panel.

3. Add/remove programs.

4. Select Mechanical Desktop 2010/Mechanical 2010 and click Change/Remove.

5. Then choose Add/Remove features button on the third page.

6. This should allow you to install the Express Tools or remove them.

• 3 weeks later...

kmonson - I'm having the same problem. I did find an option for express tools within the "Install Autodesk Inventor Link". However, I still do not see the Express Menu on my screen and command EXPRESSMENU does not work. Have you discovered a solution yet? I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide...

I have not had any luck in finding an answer. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed with no luck there either. Sorry.

Yeah! I have discovered a way around this.

-First go to this thread: (shoot, this forum will not let me post a website address) so google: Ribbon for AutoCad Express Tools 2009, the first site is the one you want (Cadforum powered by Xanadu)

-Download the acetmain.zip file to your hard drive

-unzip the file

-in Autocad, type MENULOAD

-select "Browse"

-locate and select the acetmain.cui file that you just unziped

-click "Open"

-click "Load"

Voila! Express Menu is loaded!!!

Uh-oh, it seems that only some of the commands work...I guess this is because the zip file was for autocad 2009. Atleast it is a start...

I did it this time!

There is no need to download the zip file I told you about.

-go to your folder location:

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2010\R18.0\enu\Support

-you should see a file with the name acetmain.cuix

this is the file that you want to look for when you type MENULOAD

-if you don't see this file, I may have gotten it when I installed the express tools option through the autodesk Inventor Link - not sure

Everything looks great!