VPort Scale

NealEL

New to the Civil 3D world and trying to work out a few bugs. When trying to set my VPort scale in the pulldown, there is a LOOOOOOOONG list of nonsense scales ending in an extraordinary array of "XREF", sometimes as many as ten.

I am sure there is a variable to set or a box to check so that I will only have the list of scales pertinent to that one drawing.

Autodesk says it is a result of a drawing containing "multiple custom annotation scales". This must've been set up by whoever sent you the drawing. It happens to me quite often.

if you have the viewports toolbar turned on you can enter a number into the scale box directly.

Talking metric get your object looking about right, then have a look at the number eg 4.43 change to 5 = 1:200 4 = 1:250 I am not in imperial but I am sure if you remember the number say 48 24 etc makes it easy to set scale.

It was a bug in some versions of Civil 3D (I believe it was just C3D 2008).

I stopped seeing it, though. I think it was fixed in 2008 SP2. Are you up-to-date on your service packs?