CTB Files not showing as option for plotting

superhappyfunball

I sent a client our .CTB file for plotting. I have v2009, the cleint has v2008. I went to his office and personally placed the files in with the rest of his plot styles. However, our plot styles do not appear as an option in the plot style pull down when trying to plot. Does anyone have an idea on why? All the other styles previously in the folder are still displayed as optoins in the pull down.

Verify the search path for the plot styles. Options, Files, Printer Support File Path, Plot Style Table Search Path. Put the CTB in that exact path location.

Verify the search path for the plot styles. Options, Files, Printer Support File Path, Plot Style Table Search Path. Put the CTB in that exact path location.

Yes, I'm certain the path is correct. The only thing I was thinking was that, there is a second path loading from somewhere overwriting the previous location, but I dont' see one anyway else.

Sounds like they may be set up to use "Named Plot Styles" (STB) instead of "Color Dependent" (CTB). When you see the list of plot styles, what extension do you see?

If you are seeing STB's and you want to switch to CTB's, go to your OPTIONS dialogue box >> "Plot and Publish" tab, lower right corner is a "Plot Style Table Settings" pickbox >> set the "Default plot style behavior for new drawings" to "Use color dependent plot styles".

If this is the case, set the above setting, close and restart AutoCAD and stay in "Drawing1.dwg". Insert the drawing into Drawing1 then do a SAVEAS to whatever name you want. The only issue then will be whatever info you may have in paperspace. You could use Design Center to pull in those layout tabs.

The only way to switch from STB's to CTB's is to start with a new drawing, having the OPTIONS set accordingly. It's a pain.

Hope this helps.

moz-screenshot.jpgmoz-screenshot-1.jpg

Sounds like they may be set up to use "Named Plot Styles" (STB) instead of "Color Dependent" (CTB). When you see the list of plot styles, what extension do you see?

If you are seeing STB's and you want to switch to CTB's, go to your OPTIONS dialogue box >> "Plot and Publish" tab, lower right corner is a "Plot Style Table Settings" pickbox >> set the "Default plot style behavior for new drawings" to "Use color dependent plot styles".

If this is the case, set the above setting, close and restart AutoCAD and stay in "Drawing1.dwg". Insert the drawing into Drawing1 then do a SAVEAS to whatever name you want. The only issue then will be whatever info you may have in paperspace. You could use Design Center to pull in those layout tabs.

The only way to switch from STB's to CTB's is to start with a new drawing, having the OPTIONS set accordingly. It's a pain.

Hope this helps.

For existing drawings the CONVERTPSTYLES command works well. For drawings to be created then changing the choice in Options is the way to go.

It is much easier (IMO) to learn to work in both of those worlds and not translate drawings.