command aliases

Ells

For some reason I cannot use my command aliases, l for line, c for circle, ect., I checked my acad.pgp file and they are all there but I cannot use them. Any ideas about what switch to flip? This is in AutoCAD 2007, (while the rest of the company is on 2004)

type: (findfile "acad.pgp") and see if the location matches where your pgp is stored; might be referencing another one.

I typed (findfile"acad.pgp") and it gave the path "C:\\Documents and Settings\\ej\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD

2007\\R17.0\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp" and the file is there and when I open it with notepad all the command aliases are there.

The difference I see is that instead of being c:\...\... ect. in (findfile"acad.pgp") it reads c:\\...\\...ect like it is trying to look over a network. Under options the file and support path tab reads like the following: C:\Documents and Settings\ej\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2007\R17.0\enu\support

I fixed the problem by finding a previous acad.pgp file. I must have corrupted the one I had somehow. anyway it is working now, but thank you for the responses.

I fixed the problem by finding a previous acad.pgp file. I must have corrupted the one I had somehow. anyway it is working now, but thank you for the responses.

How did you get another one?

I got it off another licensed computer. I went to the location of the file copied the acad.pgp and put it on my workstation.

I got it off another licensed computer. I went to the location of the file copied the acad.pgp and put it on my workstation.

Ells, nice to hear you solved your problem.

Having a copy on another work station was a blessing now,

quit foolin' around and back to work.

That's some smart thinking. I am going to keep that in mind.