Subscription Renewals

Ryder76

I'm not sure this is where this should be posted, I hope I made the right choice and if I didn't would a Mod please move it to the appropriate location.

I first encountered this on the AUGI forum and then went to the Autodesk forum to verify that it had been posted there as well. What prompted me to post it here is Post #5 from the AUGI forum. What I'm saying is that I think the OP and Poster #5 have valid points and felt it was important to share this information here at CADTutor.

I, personally, am not working for a company that is on subscription at this time; however, I have worked for companies that are. I am sure there are many people on this forum that are on subscription as well and thought that this information would be of interest to them.

I am curious to know what the folks here at CADTuor think about this and hope this sparks discussion on the topic.

Original Post Autodesk

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=736361&tstart=0

Second Post at AUGI

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=104326

Addtional Information

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2009/03/no-april-fools-day-joke-autodesk-to-triple-upgrade-pricing.html

I think that the OP on the Autodesk forum certainly has a valid request. Whether or not Autodesk will offer up a proposal is, to me, doubtful.

My company is on a subscription. We are international, and actually share licenses with our European office. We have a 3 hour window each day that we face the possibility of not having an individual license available. When we travel, we must "check-out" a license on a laptop, and this leaves even fewer licenses at the office.

Fortunately, we haven't laid-off any of our Acad users, but if we do, we may actually end up with one license per person!

But back to your original point. Autodesk DOES have a loyal following. Just look at this forum. I think they know we wouldn't switch to a "less expensive alternative", so I don't expect them to give any grace on unused licenses due to layoff.

Below is a post from the AUGI forum. Don't know if anything will change, but AutoDesk is definitely aware.

icon1.gif Re: Subscription renewals

Hi folks.

We at Autodesk read the AUGI forums, and this thread was brought to my attention as an item of interest. I've passed on the idea to the Subscription team, who will evaluate the proposal and consider the thoughts behind it. Gary, thanks for taking the time to get your idea down in a comprehensive form. I can't promise anything, especially since this isn't my area, but I have made sure that the right people are looking at the proposal.

Thanks,

Anthony A. Hauck

BIM Design Product Line Manager