*.prn files

Tankman

I move about somewhat often.

How might I print (or save to or from) AutoCAD to *.prn file format?

Guess this is really in the "Beginners' Area" but, has caused me a heartache or two.

Using MS XP Pro SP3 for the OS.

Are you referring to the Plot to file option on the Plot Device tab?

I "guess" I am. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

I don't think, hope not, a system feature.

I do travel a bit with my Thinkpad™ laptop, like being capable of printing wherever without adding all the print drivers that I may encounter in-the-field.

How about installing a PDF plotter (like CutePDF), and creating PDF files? Most other computers can print Acrobat PDF files.

How about installing a PDF plotter (like CutePDF), and creating PDF files? Most other computers can print Acrobat PDF files.

I have Adobe Pro however, when travelling, I often use network printers looking for *.prn files since I don't have all printer drivers installed. :sweat:

How might I print (or save to or from) AutoCAD to *.prn file format?

.prn is a file extension, not a file format.

You can print to file using any print driver you have installed. The file extension can be .prn for any of them. But if you plot to file for an HPLJ5000 printer, the file won't print on a HPDJ4500 printer for example. PDF or DWF are more of a universal plot file format.