MTEXT Problem

bettsaj

Hi, We've just upgraded to AutoCAD 2010 and I've just come across an issue that hopefully someone will be able to help me sort out.

When I input MTEXT into a drawing it's impossible to alter the text size via the text editor. If I type into the command line MTEXT and then drag the text box to the required size I can then input the text I need, If I then want to change the size of the text via the editor it won't accept any changes that I input via the editor. The only way it seems that I can change the size of the text is to input the text, then right click and alter it it through the properties context menu.

this is by mo means a complete neusance and to date this has never been an issue in any of the previous versions os ACAD that I've used.

Any idea people?

Andy

You're the second person I've seen that has encountered this problem. Yet, I've had no problem at all with changing text size in MText using 2010. That's odd.

Are you in a position right now to try an experiment with 2010? I'm not at my work computer where I have 2010 installed until Tuesday.

No reply?

I'll just throw it out there for your consideration then.

Try reverting back to the old multiline editor and see if it allows you to change the text size. Type MTEXTED at the command line. After the prompt type in oldeditor. Test it out. If there is no change or you just don't like using it then revert back. Type MTEXTED and when prompted type a period as your response. You're back where you started.

You might try checking the AutoDesk and AUGI websites and their related discussion groups/forums for assistance.

Sorry chaps, haven't been in front of the old PC for a few hours.

Right. I've typed into the command line MTEXTTOOLBAR and changed the default setting from 2 to 1 and et voila, everytime i click on mtext in the toolbar now it loads the old type. In the old type MTEXT toolbar I CAN alter the text size ok. It just doesn't work in the new MTEXT toolbar.

Strange !!!