lines (bearing/distance)

cordgrass

autodesk map

i dont know much about cad.

I need to create 4 lines with different bearing and distance. when i create the lines they run to the left with no end point. how do i get these lines to connect.

line 1 @2639.77

line 2 @211.11

line 3 @2641.02

line 4 @2638.88

i am trying to get them to connect so i can get mean bearing.

any help to find the mean would help also.

If a line or any other geometry runs out of the screen, enter in the command line Z E

That will inform AutoCAD that you wish to Zoom to Extents of the drawing. Notice the space after Z and after E -they act like

Just a question: are you using real lines, or construction lines? Because the construction lines are infinite.

Assuming that there is a typo in the first angle, (s89dw should be N89dW), then the mean angle is the average of the angles which is 87.625, so the mean bearing is N87.625dW

Assuming that there is a typo in the first angle, (s89dw should be N89dW), then the mean angle is the average of the angles which is 87.625, so the mean bearing is N87.625dW

no it is s89dw

mean bearing is N89-03-30W

If a line or any other geometry runs out of the screen, enter in the command line Z E

That will inform AutoCAD that you wish to Zoom to Extents of the drawing. Notice the space after Z and after E -they act like

Just a question: are you using real lines, or construction lines? Because the construction lines are infinite.

using lines

no it is s89dw

mean bearing is N89-03-30W

Ok, I am unused to working in those units, but having more time now, I am unable to arrive at your solution.

Ok, I am unused to working in those units, but having more time now, I am unable to arrive at your solution.

A guy i work with showed me how to get N89-03-30W

ill attach the drawing

i put in the 4 lines with bearing distance then. then ran a line from e endpoint to the west endpoint.

bearing distance queston.dwg

Again I can only resort to blaming unfamiliarity with those type of units, but I now agree with you. Well done! You didn't really need any help after all :D

But I would call that line the resultant bearing rather than a mean bearing (the language barrier strikes again :twisted: )

On closer inspection of your drawing, you have the length of leg 2 as 211.21 instead of being 211.11, but the smallness of this error does not affect the bearing at the precision you are using. :D