Labeling column grid lines

reyems

Not actually an AutoCAD tech question...Is there a rule of thumb for labeling column lines? For example, is it always alphabetical in the horizontal position and numerical in the vertical...or is it drafter's choice?

Thanks!

The book Architectural Design and Drafting, 5th edition (page 885) suggests that numbers be used to define grids top to bottom and consecutive letters be used to define the grids left to right. What's funny is the example shown on the preceeding page has it just the opposite. The letters define the top to bottom grid with "A" at the very top then running consecutively towards the bottom of the sheet. Go figure.

I guess then it can be either. It must depend on individual office standards?

on seldom occasions when a grid side exceeds 26 column lines, thats where I use numbers so I wont have to start a new set with A', B', C' or AA, BB,CC.

but for those that dont exceed, it would have to depend of either Company standards or standards of the building official in your locality(if there are any)

my question is i want to bring all text in one line i.e align the text in left corner .what is the procedure for doing aligning the text.

shafi4u:

Normally one will post a new question as a separate thread rather than add it to an existing thread. You'll get more responses targeted to your question this way. The responses will be quicker too.

Where are you bringing "all text in one line" from? Are you attempting to do a cut and paste between drawings? What is it that you are aligning the text to? An object in the drawing itself or relative to the lower left corner of the sheet? Is this a single line of text or multiple lines? The more detail you provide the better we will be able to help you.

my question is i want to bring all text in one line i.e align the text in left corner .what is the procedure for doing aligning the text.

I am assuming you have multiple lines of TEXT that you want to align to the left side?

Personally I would use Express -> Text -> Convert to Mtext. Select all the individual lines of text you want. This will turn multiple lines of text into one box of text that you can edit together. Then in the Mtext editor you can align multiple lines to one side.