• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Jaelin

• designerstuart

• CADMASTER1128

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and re: Longbow, it's a shame to have to pay for a link that should be there already, or at least workable by the likes of an above-average cadder. but if I bought it yesterday, would have saved me a lot of time.

do you know it works?! I've seen the Longbow Guy posting it on a few forums, but not many ppl who used it.

Running a virtual machine may slow your system further.

I agree with this. With VMs you never get full hardware performance.

I dual boot Windows XP 32-bit with a Linux 64-bit OS at home, should be able to do that with Win 7 64-bit. You should just need to partition the hard drive and install.

I am running Acad LT 2009 on a 64 bit Windows 8 machine. When I ran the install, the 64 bit version installed pretty much on its own, the 32 bit version install wizard told me it would not run. I do have a couple of minor issues that are preventing me from using it other than to review other people's work though. By reading this thread over today, I found out what to do about not being able to use the Windows buttons to close or minimize the program window, and will try it in a few minutes.

However, I have no idea why text items, mtext, and dimension text actually (visually) run away from the cursor, nor do I know why my zoom wheel causes the cursor to jump 2 or three inches to the southeast of where I want to zoom to, with each turn. Could this stuff be tied in with the fact that I have not yet turned off all the visual styles junk? I haven't even tried to run the compatibility thingy yet.