• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• cwize

• The_SuperVixen

• ammobake

i also encounter this problem in autocadd 2010 version.it's showing in plot preview but not printing in PDF file or even in hard copy print output,but not at all in version 2008. what i did in ver 2008 is after inserting the excel table in autocadd, just right click the excel table in autocadd then click properties, then in properties dialogue box, go to Misc then Plot Quality then chose monochrome (because high quality makes the autocadd have difficulty in reading the excel file link table) or sometimes i also used low graphics. In autocadd 2010 to 2011, when i used this changing of plot quality,sometimes it prints in PDF, sometimes not. what i did is trial and error, by changing the plot quality back to high quality or low graphics or high graphics, if still not working, i change the scale of the OLE excel table in smaller scale. from 1x to .5x then zoom in to fit in the title block.

Right click on the pasted excel table and go to properties / misc / plot quality / then choose monochrome ( not high graphics). If you use autocadd 2008, it will work 100% but in autocadd 2010 to 2011, sometimes changing the plot quality property to monochrome wont work so try selecting low graphics. Because the high quality output print out pixel in pdf is not so clear unlike monocrome, its very readable even when you zoom in the pdf excel table. Last thing u will do if still not working in autocadd 2010, change the scale of the inserted excel table in about half the original size by using the command "scale" then select the object ( the inserted excel table) then use or type .5 as the scale factor. I hope this will help u..

• 9 months later...
For some time, I've easily been able to select a range of cells in Excel, copy, and paste into an AutoCAD dwg. For many projects, we have to print to .pdf. Suddenly, my spreadsheet content, even though it shows up fine in plot preview, is simply not showing up in the .pdf.

It may be more of a plotter setting issue, but I have not knowingly changed anything.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Or know what causes it / how to fix it?

Thanks.

Right click on your Exel object (or linked table), select properties, and down near the bottom of the bottom of the properties table you will see plot quality under Misc. Set it to medium if you still want to see cell color fills and what not. If all you want are lines and text set it to low. Autocad has problems plotting large raster (bitmap) images, and it treats excel tables as raster images when plotting.

I've had this same problem with excel tables plotting since I started using ACAD, and currently this is how I resolve the problem with version 2011.

• 2 years later...

Well, I'm having the same exact issue... My files are too large to attach here so I'm giving the link where you can access them.

(The problem being- I want my colors to show up in my Excel cells that I've copied-and-pasted into AutoCad, but they're just showing up as black-and-white. You'll note that the bronze color is not showing up in the final PDF. If I could figure this out, I'd like the bronze to show, and on top of that I'd change the black background to blue in order to match the content of those cells.)

I hope the link works. :fingers crossed: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9fdS1elnrX2TXFjVEZHSnFwUkk&usp=sharing

Importing excel files into AutoCAD drawings works nicely but the print is unreadable in some areas of the page. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how the plot will turn out. :?

Any feed back would be appreciated. :)

Print the Excel file to PDF.

Attach the PDF to your drawing.

• 2 weeks later...

rkmcswain- thank you! your solution worked, i'm just attaching PDFs and it works fine, though it's a little annoying to go through an extra step :)