Creating flat face from a curved one

Cherkez

I have a 3d object that has an upper, a lower and side faces. The lower face is coplanar, the upper one is slightly curved and the side faces are curved to the shape (spades shape) Now, I wish to make this spades emblem out of wood surrounded with a metal fitting. This metal fitting will be the side face of the object, but to cut it out of a piece of metal i would need to stretch the face to a flat surface to get the shape right for cutting. So my question is: HOW CAN I GET A FLAT FACE FROM THE CURVED ONE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE? You can contact me by email and I can send you the model or a sketch so you can see for your self, what my problem is. Thanks in advance.

Can you attach the file here? Autodesk Inventor will automatically generate sheet metal flat patterns and might work on your part.

What if the file size exceeds the permitted one? It's about 1MB. Give me your email address and I'll send it to you.