Transparent text

MRAKA

Does anyone know how to make text transparent?

I want to write a piece of text across a drawing (like a watermark) but still see behind it?

Any ideas?

Andrew

Wales

We used an outlined font and place it on it's own layer. The layer is assigned a light lineweight. The text size is fairly large, compared to that normally used, so it does stand out.

• 1 year later...
ReMark, any chance you can give me an example of an outlined font as I'm trying to do the same thing and struggling!

Will this do?

OutlineText.jpg

If you like it PM me with your email address.

I made a sorta transparent watermark of my initials by hatching some exploded text and then erasing all but the hatch, then making it a block. I hatched with arsand so I would at least have a degree of control over the density by using the hatch scale factor.

I haven't ever done this, but what if you make a ctb utilizing screening and dithering for a particular color and then make a layer with that color and put your text on it. Might work.

PM me with your email address

just out of interest why PM? if you are not allowed to post it for copyright issues, how come you can email a copy to someone? i notice the same has been said elsewhere, about exactly the same font.

this may work You can explode text to be outlines need 26 of them then hatch each one and set the transparency of the solid hatch ?

Check the recent posts for CNC link to exploding text

• 2 years later...

Hello Andrew and others. This worked for me in AutoCAD 2006.

I our office we only print black and greyscale. There is no Solid color that is transparent and exploding text and using hatches is a pain. You can assign a color in your plot style to have a low screening level ( I used 15) so that it prints much lighter. Write your text in Model Space separate from your drawing and give it it's own Model Viewport in Paperspace. right click on the viewport for the lighter text and say send to back so that the text will print behind everything else and you can see everything in front of it. This way you can print your water mark behind multiple viewports and have it consistent on all of your sheets.

Nich