Trunking command in panel layout

MADHATTA

I am using ACADE 2010 and am after a trunking command available for use in the panel layout. Is there one available to anyone's knowledge?

I am using ACADE 2010 and am after a trunking command available for use in the panel layout. Is there one available to anyone's knowledge?

When you say trunking command, Are you refering to trunk cabling with terminations and all that kind of stuff?

I'm refering to when we layout components into a panel as a layout for the workshop to manufacture to. As far as I can see there is no command to add plastic cable trunkings around the panel easily. The software I used before had a a trunking command that let me choose what size of trunking I wanted then I could insert onto a backplate at a specified point to a specified length

I'm refering to when we layout components into a panel as a layout for the workshop to manufacture to. As far as I can see there is no command to add plastic cable trunkings around the panel easily. The software I used before had a a trunking command that let me choose what size of trunking I wanted then I could insert onto a backplate at a specified point to a specified length

Is this the plastic wrapping that holds the cabling together for a route or is it similar to panduit cable wireway?

Can you provide a drawing?

like the panduit stuff. Rigid c shape plactic channel with lid that clips on once wires are run

That is not really hard to do. You most likely would need to specify a width and length and maybe place it on a specific layer and of course an insertion point.

Do you want this to be a line, polyline or block?

Please provide an example so I do not have to ask alot questions?

Then we can knock all the small quirks from it as we go.

That is not really hard to do. You most likely would need to specify a width and length and maybe place it on a specific layer and of course an insertion point.

Do you want this to be a line, polyline or block?

Please provide an example so I do not have to ask alot questions?

Then we can knock all the small quirks from it as we go.

Sorry I just saw your image now. I know what you are refering to.

I prefer a drawing so I can see exactly how you want this done.

this is what I am used to with program currently using (aceri's Electrical Designer) which is an overlay program over AutoCad

trunkingmenu.jpg

this is what I am used to with program currently using (aceri's Electrical Designer) which is an overlay program over AutoCad

trunkingmenu.jpg

I thought this was a LISP request for a program to make wireway. Your thread has been move to Electrical for some reason.

that was originally. Forum moderator must have moved it

MADHATTA,

Do you still want a lisp routine?

If so, I need a drawing file of the object. Not an image file.

I need to know the entity type, color, layer, text style, and drawing settings.

I prefer that you supply a drawing so that I can get this information without

asking many questions as it will only slow things down and lead to possible errors without it.

Also what command syntax do you want to use to start the program?

It must not conflict with another program you are using.

I can get started as soon as you can supply this drawing file.

Also if you have manufacturer specifications for the wireway,

This will also be needed as well.

Let me know.

The Buzzard