Inserting notes in a drawing

Daniel Laroche

I have autocad 2005. I am kind of new at autocad, I have to revise drawing and add text remarks. how do I do it. So far I have open a new layer and use the revcloud but when I get to the mark up window I can not do anything with it.

What you can do is just add text like normal:

Command:text

Current text style: current Text Height: current

Specify start point of text: (pick starting point of text)

Specify height : (Enter height value or press [enter])

Specify rotation angle of text enter a rotation value or press [enter])

Enter text: (type text)

Enter text: Type the next line of text or press [enter] to complete

Command:

OR you can also use the text leader tool found in the dimension toolbar.

The "remarks" that you speak of? Obviously you want them to appear when the drawing is viewed on screen but do you want them to print as well? If not, make sure that the layer they are on is set not to print in the Layer Properties Manager.

Thanks I will try it.

Let me know how this goes.

The "remarks" that you speak of? Obviously you want them to appear when the drawing is viewed on screen but do you want them to print as well? If not, make sure that the layer they are on is set not to print in the Layer Properties Manager.

And ReMark makes a good point. I would triple check and make sure that the Layer is set NOT to print.

Glad to see we were able to help!

Thats the point of the forum!

I tried what you suggested, I still have a problem. In the command line I entered 'text' and then it asked me to enter the start point, " I am not sure how to do this" do i use the cross? if not How?

I tried what you suggested, I still have a problem. In the command line I entered 'text' and then it asked me to enter the start point, " I am not sure how to do this" do i use the cross? if not How?

Ok, Its easy. Click one point (any point and drag to create a box. Make the box as bis as you want.) Then click to end it. That box is what the text will be entered into.\

Make sense?