Missing crosshairs in viewport

deo06

Here's a funny little problem:

I opened a multi-tab CAD document, and my crosshairs disappear when I go into a viewport from paperspace. I can still select things, but I can't see what I'm selecting because the crosshairs are gone! The viewports in the other tabs are fine, I can see my crosshairs in those. I've looked for some setting that accidentally got changed, but can't figure it out. Help please! I'm running AutoCAD 2010.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• T9PMK

• SLW210

• zapatero

Same problem here:

I recently upgraded to LT2010 and in model space the crosshairs is as it has always been, if click a layout tab the crosshair is fine but if I then click on the Maximize Viewport icon to view the selected layout in model space then the crosshairs disappears.

To work around this I have changed the crosshairs colour.

Options/Display/Colours/Crosshair and choose a different colour for 2D model space.

I set my crosshair to Yellow.

On clicking Maximize Viewport again I could see the crosshairs in BLUE not Yellow, but after about 2 minutes they change to Yellow all by themselves.

Using the Model Space tab (true MS) it doesn’t matter what colour you use it all works.

But when you go through paper space to model space using Maximize Viewport you get the above problem.

Another work around is to leave the colour setting as standard, go through paper space to model space using Maximize Viewport and when your crosshairs disappear go and make a cup of coffee, because when you get back…………the crosshair are visible…..like Magic.

Out of interest – I am not the Administrator for my PC, this is where problems could be.

Regards

T9

I'm not sure if this applies but:

I have my cross hairs set up as 100% of screen size. I have noticed that when I'm in paperspace the cross hairs behave slightly differently. When REALLY in paperspace, the cross hairs still go from left menu to right menu, top menu to command window. If you double click in a viewport, thus reaching THROUGH the viewport into modelspace, the cross hairs are 100% of the VIEWPORT.

This usually dope slaps me upside the head after the fact. I do a zoom extents thinking I'm in paperspace to maximize the viewport and screw what is showing in the viewport. (I thought the viewport was locked! Dang it! Who's the dope - oh wait it's me - oh yeah the cross hairs were not full screen, nevermind.)

I don't often use the maximize viewport, but could the change in colors and missing crosshairs indicate that you are in a space other than that which you think you are?

Glen

Thanks Glen

I too use crosshair at 100%, and that still works fine.

In LT 2009 I had exactly the same setup with the same manor of working and no problem with the crosshairs disappearing.

Either it's a bug in LT 2010 or because of Administrator rights as our IT department lock down our PC's to such a point it would be easier working for home :).

Any advice on this problem would be appreciated.

T9

I've come across a handful of other posts in various forums from users who have experienced the same problem (missing crosshairs). No definitive fix for this bug has been established. Since everyone's system is different (hardware-wise) it might be a software issue.

Thanks ReMark

Doing a Regen doesn't help !!!

I've talked to our Autodesk reseller about the problem, they seem to think it may be connected to a graphics card driver problem !!!

But it's the same hardware/drivers as before upgrade and LT 2009 works fine.

Anyway thanks for looking, if anyone does find the answer ....Please post here, it's doing my head in.

T9

Here the answer from Autodesk:

Dear T9

Thank you for your contact.

There is a report of an issue with crosshair in maximised viewport, and this is planned to be fixed in the service pack (that should be available in a few weeks).

When the service pack is available, please install it. It should fix the display if the crosshair.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Lxxxxxx Cxxxxxx

Autodesk Support Team

In the meantime I've found that if you set the crosshairs colour to default and change the model space colour to white.......all works fine.

Regards

T9

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

You do realize this thread is over two years old?

This problem still exists in AutoCAD 2011, mine was disappearing and changing to white. Fixed it with a graphics card upgrade. Qsave did not FIX IT, would have to Close and Reopen AutoCAD, a real pain if I had a few drawings open.

This problem still exists in AutoCAD 2011, mine was disappearing and changing to white. Fixed it with a graphics card upgrade. Qsave did not FIX IT, would have to Close and Reopen AutoCAD, a real pain if I had a few drawings open.

The problem still exists in 2012 as well :(

yes I do, my eyes are fine, thank you. Maybe some other people are having the same issue. I ran into it just two days ago using ACA 2010. I gave the solution I used to solve the problem. Don't think that's illegal, is it?

yes I do, my eyes are fine, thank you. Maybe some other people are having the same issue. I ran into it just two days ago using ACA 2010. I gave the solution I used to solve the problem. Don't think that's illegal, is it?

There are newer threads on this or you could have started a new thread.

Work arounds are not SOLUTIONS. Did you install the service pack?

I was just letting you know it was an old thread, no need to get sarcastic about it.

It is not illegal, but it is considered in many forums, bad form, to provide a solution to a thread more than a year or so old. It is considered more appropriate to start a new thread. This is especially true in computing and software forums where a year or two means a lot of advances, new equipment, new releases and upgrades.

I used google to search and the first hit it gave was this topic. I could not find anything else that solved the problem for me. Then I found that ctrl+s worked for me so I replied to this topic. And yes: I installed all service packs. And if a work around is not a solution, so be it. works fine for me. Sorry that I didn't follow the forum rules, but I hope my work around helps other people who are having this issue.

cheerz anyway, Zapatero.

• 1 year later...