Creating a string of incrementing numbers

nate83

I am creating some terminal blocks for an electrical drawing, they are going to be numbered 1 through something. Is there a way to increament a number automcaticaly? I imagine just dragging down how many blocks I want and them being automaticaly numbered.

I have AutoCAD 2007 and Electrical 2007

TB.JPG

I'm not very familiar with creating dynamic blocks, but I have used quite a few. Wouldn't the dynamic block be able to do this?

In ACAD Electrical there is a Terminal Strip Editor that lets you build a terminal strip. You would still have to number it, but once done you can copy and paste as many times as you want and you can WBLOCK it out to insert into another drawing.

I have Electrical 2009, searched 'Terminal Strip Editor' in the help file:

On the Panel Layout toolbar, click the Terminal Strip Editor tool. Make your selection on the Terminal Strip Selection dialog box and click Edit or New. Click the Terminal Strip tab.

Click Panel Layout ac.menuaro.gif Terminal Strip Editor. Make your selection on the Terminal Strip Selection dialog box and click Edit or New. Click the Terminal Strip tab.

Ok I got the number inc to work and I am liking that. The one questions is how do I get it to OSNAP or ORTHO when droping the next number. I am just snapping it to the grid now.

Try the AutoNum V4 program - that has the array, and manual placement built in. Also, I have tried to incorporate OSnaps.

The problem is that the GrRead function (which the programs are based on), does not lend itself to OSnaps, so the functionality of an "OSnap" must be manually coded. :(

Nice, so you have removed the array function in later versions? Its the same array function you can call in autocad?

Nice, so you have removed the array function in later versions? Its the same array function you can call in autocad?

Not exactly.

I created NumInc and AutoNum separately, but with the help of CAB, we combined them into one program, which is AutoNum V4. :)

Not exactly what you're after but this might help.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35234

No probs for the plug, i saw what was wanted an thought your program would help things along a bit :thumbsup:

And u're right about second on as well. :)

I have found your numbering suit very usefull on occasion and all i can say is you are the master while i am just a padawan at the moment :P

I have found your numbering suit very usefull on occasion and all i can say is you are the master while i am just a padawan at the moment :P

Thanks, its great to know that a program you write is being used and enjoyed :)

And don't worry, we all start out as padawans at some point :)