How to drive a drawing by values from the table?

What type of drawing are we talking about? We need more detail. If the drawing and the table are linked do you also want to be able to change the drawing and have the values in the table updated?

I am thinking about a 2D drawing, e.g. a line, with a dimensional constraint applied. Then I have e.g. a simple data table where cells are linked to an excel file. Now I would like to link the data cell, e.g. A1 to the parameter which drive the length of the line. So then when I will change the value of cell A1 in Excel, the length of the line should change properly after I will click "update data". OK. maybe it is impossible.

Hmmm... this would be pretty difficult to achieve.

I'm guessing you would have to link the items using object xdata, then use a reactor to update them, but yes, pretty difficult to pull off. :geek:

yes, only how to set the values of the parameters using the table? Normally we change variables by double click on the constraint or in parameter manager. Maybe there is any other way to change a drawing using a table?

I have yet to use the feature but here is something I learned about the new dimensional constraits feature in 2010. You can assign a dimensional contraint to a line and certain objects can have more than one constraint.