AcadMap3D 2010_freezes on "open" or "save" ...

Jest

Hello

I have Autocad Map3D 2010 installed on my PC (Windows 7). I can open and work in program normaly, but when I try to use commands "New", "Save","Save as" or "Open", nothing happens (dialog box not appears) - program stops working (not responding), so I must shut it down by force.

I can use those commands only, if I set FILEDIA system variable to "0", but then dialog box do not appear and the required path and options must be enter from command line, which is not wery friendly to use.

Do anybody know the answer to solve this problem?

That's the price you pay for being the first on your block to run a new OS and a new version of an AutoDesk program concurrently. You get to be the lab experiment.

I believe 2009 had an open / save / close problem for which a hotfix was issued but I have to yet hear of one for 2010. Maybe the problems are related in some manner.

• 1 month later...

Jest. I had the same issues and it turned out to be an issue with Nortons 360 when used on a computer running Autocad 2010.

'If' you are running a symantec product with Autocad, that may be your problem.

Unfortunately, since I am new to the forums, I cannot post the link, but if you google "Nortons 360" + "Autocad" and follow the first link, it will take you to the knowledge base and patch.

have you recently switched from one two monitors to one? Does it say not responding or running in task manager? Could it be that the dialog box is popping up but it is popping up off screen? Theres a way to check this let me see if i can find the thread about how

from http://cadpanacea.com/node/95

Dialogs that appear off screen

Tue, 05/20/2008 - 06:29 — rkmcswain If you try to open a dialog in AutoCAD but nothing happens, there is a chance that the dialog is open, but it's just "off your screen". You can use a windows trick to move it back.

When the dialog is supposed to be visible, but you can't see it, press ALT+Space, then "M", then use the arrow keys to move the dialog.

Here is an animation of this procedure.

Thank you. I can't test your method, because my problem had solved itself a few days ago, but I dont know how. I used "FILEDIA 0" options for a while, and when i changed it to "1" a few days ago, the problem is gone. Probably I have changed something, but I am not aware what. I'm using two monitors at the same time, and as you say, maybe they couses the problem. Anyway, when troubles will appear again, I wil try your advice. Thank's again for your help.. F.

Had you been using any custom Lisp routines prior to the problem occuring? Sometimes poorly written programs can play havoc with a session.