Favorite AutoCAD Version

CADMASTER1128

What is everybody's favorite year/ edition of AutoCAD.

My personal favorite is Auto Architecture 2008. The reason I like this one so much is because it has all the features I like but runs faster and smoother than 2009 and 2010. However I like the UI of 2010. By the end of 2009, I am guessing that 2010 Architecture will become my new favorite!

version 9 or 12

DOS rules!

Most of my work is done using lines and text. I really have no reason to upgrade to a newer version. Only omission right now is the ability to import TIF type pictures (seldom a need each year), older text fonts (the standard TXT format is only one to interchange back and forth) and late model plotters (for drivers today are quite OS oriented).

Far as I see, all the old type written commands work good in newer versions.

Wm.

I have both '05 and '07. Use 2005 mostly anymore, it's loaded on my laptop.

Lately, past year or two, I find myself working from my laptop, anywhere I

want to be.

All my work is simple 2D, plumbing plan views and elevation views.

Release 9 was probably the best of the DOS versions.

I used Release 9 back when. I think it had zero ability to recognise XREFs and Paper space through. Was told when upgrading from verion 8 it had, but wasn't there after it got loaded on.

Wm.

Iv'e been using MEP 2010 recently for about 2 months now I like it, It all just depends on what extra tools and applications you need to use often to do the job that your'e working on.

Iv'e been using MEP 2010 recently for about 2 months now I like it, It all just depends on what extra tools and applications you need to use often to do the job that your'e working on.

in an attempt not to hijack this thread I've created a new one in MEP. Would you mind responing to it (diff. between 2009 & 2010)

thanks

Reading all these post, I find it amazing how many different favorite versions of AutoCAD there are!

Vanilla 2008 I feel was the best for 3d.

Autodesk started to go a bit nuts with the ribbon in 09. Trying to figure out what everyone uses typically. THEN WHAT DO THEY DO!!!! Change it all over again in 2010.

Make up your feckin minds!!