Line supression in "Hidden" view style

bacreman

Forgive me if I'm in the wrong section. I'm looking for a way to suppress all the lines that appear on the curved sections of a 3D object I've created when I place it in Hide mode. I'm using AutoCAD 2006.

I believe that the command you are looking for is DISPSILH. If you set it to 1, you will remove the triangle effect on the curves.

I tried that command and it didn't work. Any other ideas? I thought that DISPSILH would do it but for some reason it doesn't.

Are you getting results like the attached cylinder, or the other image I have attached?

If it’s like the second image, you cannot get rid of those lines, as far as I know. Those lines represent the transition from the curve to another surface.

DISPSILH0.jpg

HIDDEN-01.jpg

Ah. That is what I thought. Unfortunately I don't have any additional help for you. Someone else may be able to help, but in the mean time, you may look at the help file for DISPSILH. It should fix your problem.