Attribute block justifiaction issues when printing

We have an attribute block inserted into papespace that indicated the date a drawing was issued, who drew it, sheet name, etc. Our drawings will be issued on 22"X34" plotted on a large-scale plotter. The problem is, we issue intermediate documents on a standard office printer on 11x17 paper.

When I print the sheets to the 11x17, the attribute block on the right-hand side gets squeezed together and the text overlaps to the left so it's un-readable. This is an issue for us as we need our clients to be able to read this information, and we need it for our records on hard copies. We also have this issue when using the DWG to PDF printer (we use AutoCAD 2010). Any help with this? I have tried switching the attribute from right justified to left justified, but the problem persists. When I physically move the block over, the text seems to be less squeezed together, but it does not look right as far as sheet layout is concerned.

OK, sounds a bit strange - that doesn't sound like the typical behaviour of an Attribute (or even text). One question for a start - When you plot to the smaller printer, what are your settings (i.e. Plot to Layout/ Window/ Extents, etc - Scale Factor, etc...). Also, are the Attributes Annotative?

Post a copy of your Plot Dialogue box (CTRL/ Print Screen) might be the easiest way here... Even a copy of the DWG with just the title Block in the Layout may be required to allow for some 'digging' to be undertaken

When you print to 11x17 what method do you use? Where I work we do the exact same thing, and the convenient thing about the two paper sizes is that 11x17 is exactly half of 22x34. So if you change the plot scale to half of the old scale it should plot properly. Not sure if that is what you are doing already or what, but I don't see why this method would change the block in the drawing in any way.