Script to Finalise Drawing Files

YZ

I am a LISP newby. (In saying that I do not even know if LISP is still a well respected and used language!)

We run mostly LT in our office. My machine is LT, but I do have access to a full version on another machine if I need to.

My question is this, is it possible / advisable to write a script that you run across a drawing file to get it ready for emailing externally? (For example one that would do the following functions: Select all points and Delete; Send Contours to back; Bring Text to front; Purge; Save.)

In addition to that question, I have just noticed that LT has "Run Script" in the TOOLS drop down menu. Does this mean that I could write a script like the one above using the full version, and then run it on the other LTs in our office?

I don't see why you couldn't write a script to do the tasks you have outlined. You might want to take a look at ScriptPro. Visit the AutoDesk website for more information and to download the program.

Thanks ReMark. Do you happen to know if it would work on LT? Or do you know where I could find that information out?

Thanks ReMark. Do you happen to know if it would work on LT? Or do you know where I could find that information out?

Actually, I just turned to, of all places, the Help menu. It is clear that I can run scripts at startup on LT. I think that is confirmation enough that it will be worth investing a little bit of time into. Thanks again, I'll check out ScriptPro now.